Slings Essentials & Slings in Motion 1
2 kurser i ett; Slings Essentials & Slings in Motion I
Slings Essentials & Slings in Motion I is a rich course for movement and bodywork professionals who want to understand fascia in motion comprehensively. The first 2 days revolve all around fascia, its properties, its role in movement and how to train fascia consciously with a diverse and body-minded strategy. The other 3 days are filled with a broad spectrum of diverse exercises and movement sequences.
Since the course is taught in english all the information is written in english. We will have an assistant that speaks swedish.
Förkunskaper: Anatomy Trains in Motion
The course begins with the functional definition of fascia, 4 movement relevant differentiations within the fascial system and the 6 guiding principles of the Slings Myofascial Training
12 science-informed fascial qualities form the main part of the education. Metaphorically speaking, they are the defined, yet interconnected elements that create the tensegral structure of Slings Essentials. Derived from the fascial qualities are 12 myofascial training techniques and 12 overarching training aims, which are also covered in the course.
In a series of interactive lectures, each fascial quality is discussed from the perspective of science, movement in general and Slings Myofascial Training specifically. Engaging demonstrations, illustrative examples and practical applications make the lectures memorable and practise-relevant.
Contrasting Slings in Motion master classes are woven into the course to deepen the embodiment of the discussed fascial qualities, myofascial training techniques and training aims.
Because knowledge propagates questions, Slings Essentials is a thought-provoking course that at the same time gives you sound information about fascia in motion and clear answers to why we train fascia the way we do.
The know-how attained in Anatomy Trains in Motion and Slings Essentials serves as the basis for the Slings in Motion repertoire courses.
As a result of taking this course, you will:
- Know the functional definition of fascia and understand the reasons for it.
- Know 4 main specializations within the fascial system and understand their practical relevance.
- Understand the 6 guiding principles of the Slings Myofascial Training education and their relevance for a fascia-focussed training.
- Know the defined 12 fascial qualities, their relevance for movement in general and Slings Myofascial Training specifically.
- Understand that the fascial qualities are interconnected like all systems in the body.
- Understand how the 12 myofascial training techniques and 12 training aims relate to the 12 fascial qualities.
- Experience the fascial qualities and training techniques with Slings in Motion exercises, movement sequences and master classes.
- Experience the effects of Slings Myofascial Training.
- Understand the value of training fascia consciously in a diverse and body-minded manner.
The last 3 days filled with a broad spectrum of diverse exercises and movement sequences. The focus is on 2 highly influential myofascial meridians of the Anatomy Trains body map, namely the:
- Supportive and persevering Superficial Back Line.
- Uplifting and protective Superficial Front Line.
The diverse repertoire comprises a contrasting blend of:
- Differentiated and integrated exercises in all body positions.
- Slow and deep, dynamic and rhythmic, stimulating and invigorating, as well as mellow and melting exercises and movement sequences.
- Exercise variations with and without props.
Each exercise is experienced and discussed in terms of:
- Movement execution.
- Myofascial anatomy.
- Myofascial training techniques.
- The use and benefits of props.
- Purposeful sequencing.
- Short-term and long-term exercise aims.
The repertoire is complemented and connected with SynerChi Flow, a seamlessly choreographed movement sequence that will be experienced in different ways throughout the course.
To deepen the embodiment of the exercises and for personal experience, deliberately themed Slings in Motion master classes are incorporated.
Concluding the course, you will have a deeper understanding of the Slings Myofascial Training concept as well as a broad spectrum of science-informed and experience-proven exercises for your personal practise, movement classes and to incorporate into bodywork sessions.
Slings in Motion I is the first of a series of 3 repertoire courses that lead to the Slings Myofascial Training diploma.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
As a result of taking this course, you will:
1. Gain a deeper understanding and embodiment of the Superficial Back Line and the Superficial Front Line in motion.
2. Experience all of the primary Slings in Motion I exercises as well as exercise variations.
3. Understand the movement execution, applied myofascial training techniques, sensible use of props and the training aims for each of the primary exercises.
4. Experience and learn the seamlessly choreographed SynerChi Essential Flow and Dynamic Flow movement sequences.
5. Deepen the understanding and embodiment of the Slings Myofascial Training concept with daily Slings in Motion master classes.
6. Gain new somatic insights and a broader spectrum of movement skills.
7. Obtain a diverse spectrum of functional fascia-focussed exercises for personal practise and teaching.
Known to most as Mumu, is the Senior Educator and Managing Director of art of motion academy® Australia, a renowned training organization for Contemporary Pilates & Slings Myofascial Training based in Switzerland and Australia, which was founded by Karin Gurtner.